The Lord's Day (XVIII Pentecost)

Up and out of the Hampton Inn in time to attend the 10:00 liturgy at St Luke's in Dallas (this upon the recommendation of the Bishop of Dallas). As it turned out, my colleague the Suffragan Bishop of the Arctic was the preacher. Afterward, he and I went out to lunch with the Priest-in-Charge, Fr Mark Anderson, and his wife, Mary. (in the small world department, Mary is from Lodi, CA, which is where Brenda lived when I met her, and where we were married, and just up the road from Stockton, where I served as rector for 13 years). It was a delightful time. I then headed to DFW, where I arrived well ahead of my scheduled 4:20 departure to Chicago. All went normally, and I arrived "home" (I still have to put it in quotes because it feels so strange) around 8:45. Lots and lots to do still by way of getting settled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)