First Sunday of Advent

Up and out of my improvised Springfield accommodations in time to report to St Paul's, Carlinville 30 minutes ahead of the regular 0915 liturgy. It was, for them, a good turnout, just north of 30 souls. The musical artistry of their organist, Diane Aikin, was Advent balm for my Advent-loving spirit. I was particularly pleased to see them singing the Psalm at the Eucharist, responsorially ... because that's what one does with Psalms. Spirited time visiting with folks over food following the service. Fr John Henry presides over a community whose members enjoy one another's company. 

Following my customary day off tomorrow, I will be on personal retreat through Thursday. So my next post in this space will be one Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)