Thursday (Samuel Shoemaker)

  • Usual early weekday AM routine.
  • Developed my homiletical message statement for Epiphany VII (St George's, Belleville) into a filled-out outline.
  • Took care of a couple of personal/household chores.
  • Lunched on leftovers.
  • Did some substantial chipping away on the pastoral teaching document on sexuality and marriage that I've been working on.
  • Sat with my exegetical notes on the readings for the Last Sunday after Epiphany and labored on to a homiletical message statement for that occasion (St Paul's, Pekin).
  • Evening Prayer with Brenda.
  • I had gotten word during the day that the water in the diocesan office is out, so my travel destination for the evening was the Doubletree in downtown Springfield. Because it was snowing in Chicago at my 7:00pm leaving time, which caused a couple of accidents on my travel route, which significantly impeded traffic, the trip took me an hour longer than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)