St Matthias

It was a somewhat leisurely morning for Brenda and me as we enjoyed breakfast at the Hilton Garden in O'Fallon before packing up and heading out. We had some time to kill before showing up at King's House in Belleville for the clergy retreat, so we stopped by the big mall in Fairview Heights to get some steps in on a rather cold morning. The intent was to walk, not shop, but ... you know how things go. I walked out with a pair of shoes. We at lunch at a nearby Smoky Bones, after which I took Brenda to the J. Jill store up the street. She walked out with a new pair of pants and two new tops. Both were needed, IMO. Then the coast was clear to head to King's House. We got settled, I made some last minute preparations for the retreat, and had substantive visits with some of the clergy. Brenda and I shared musical duties at Evensong. Dinner followed. I made a few opening remarks at the plenary, then we divided into breakout groups for our work of mystagogical catechesis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)