Wednesday (George Herbert)

Every year I look forward to Wednesday morning of the clergy pre-Lenten retreat, It's the only opportunity I have to meet in a plenary conversation with the clergy of the diocese, and I always leave the time feeling "strangely warmed" (Methodists have been on my mind!) by the collegiality and common dedication to our mission that I find among the group. What a joy. We went from there to a Mass for the lesser feast George Herbert, which was also luminous and integrating. After lunch I met for a debrief with the three priests who helped facilitate the retreat. Then Brenda and I packed up the YFNBmobile and hit the road northbound at 1:20. We pulled into our Chicago garage five hours and ten minutes later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)