Easter Thursday

The last couple of days have been ... interesting. Getting discharged from a hospital is always more complicated than one imagines. I was in Brenda's room shortly before 0700, and, with a break here and there made possible by our daughter, I was there until 4:3opm. All during the day, I was experiencing a complex of symptoms that are associated with cardiac issues. This actually started over the weekend, and is part of an episodic recurring pattern. It always turns out to be non-cardiac. Nonetheless, upon the counsel of an advice nurse, all three of my children, and my wife, I drove myself to the ER. As expected, all the tests were negative, so it was a surprise when I was told that my primary care doctor recommended I be admitted for observation overnight. Not being one to go against medical advice, I acquiesced. After a fitful night, full of the usual interruptions that happen in a hospital, my doctor was in the room at 0730, somewhat apologetic. I was out an home before 0830. Still, after two night of inadequate sleep and a rather harrowing day yesterday, it was difficult to get very much productive traction. I did process a handful of substantive emails, and made major progress on a sermon for Easter III (Alton Parish). Prayed the evening office with Brenda, folded some laundry, watched an old movie. Hoping to reset my rhythm tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)