Holy Saturday / Easter Eve

Breakfast with Brenda at the Hilton Garden. Then to the cathedral for 0900 Holy Saturday Liturgy of the Word with the Altar Guild, which is something I have done in various places for 28 consecutive years now, and is a habit that has become quite precious to me. Then I spent the next couple of hours doing what might well be described as "puttering"--all in service of the end of making sure the Easter Vigil and Easter morning happen and go smoothly. Eventually I returned to my office and processed my physical inbox--scanning, categorizing, tagging--with interruptions for a couple of liturgical details as they arose. Then back to the hotel with Brenda to change clothes, and back again to the west side for lunch at a new "healthy food" fast casual place (Core Life), and then to Safelite to get a knick in my windshield repaired before it grows. While we waited for the work to be done, we walked some of the Wabash Trail, one of my old walking routes. To the office again, where I wrote an Ad Clerum--letter to the clergy--and sent it out by email. We then returned to the hotel to don our Easter Vigil attire. At the office again, I did a little plotting and planning toward diocesan participation in the Thy Kingdom Come prayer campaign between Ascension and Pentecost, and then on cleaning up my computer desktop. We ducked out for a light Chinese meal at Dynasty on South Grand. Then it was time to get seriously ready for the Vigil, which began at 8:00, when it was barely dark. I presided and preached. We got back to the Hilton Garden around 11:00.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)