Wednesday (William Law)

The bulk of my working time today was consumed by the preparation of a homily for the Eucharist we are celebrating on Friday prior to interring the cremated remains of Bishop Donald Hultstrand, my predecessor once-removed, in the cathedral columbarium. I also worked a bit on the diocesan communications quandary, and processed various missives from "the national church" (one of which prompted me to make a gift from my discretionary fund toward making the pensions of the clergy in the Diocese of Cuba actuarily sound; during the six or so decades of separation, nothing was paid into the pension system on their behalf). All the other usual stuff happened as well, except ... no walk, on account of rainfall at the time I wanted to take it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)