Thursday (St Dominic)

  • Up for prayers, tea, and a breakfast muffin before briskly walking the one-plus miles to my 0800 chiropractic appointment.
  • Back home around 0900. Worked the crossword, planned tasks for the day, showered, and got laundry started.
  • Sent a brief email to my tax preparer with a couple of questions.
  • Email exchange with the rector of my DEPO parish, We need to reschedule my visitation.
  • Substantive phone conversation with the senior warden of one of our Eucharistic Communities that is facing a pastoral vacancy.
  • Engaged in a bit of internet pastoral care, responding to a long email from a lay communicant of the diocese with another longish email of my own.
  • Lunched at home on leftovers.
  • More significant progress on my pastoral teaching document.
  • Developed my homiletical message statement for Proper 16 (St Bartholomew's, Granite City) into an outline that I can further develop into a draft text next week.
  • Did a major chunk of reading in the book I've promised to review for The Living Church.
  • Evening Prayer with Brenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)