Saturday (Henry Martyn)

Wrapped up the 142nd annual synod of the diocese around 1030, which is about what I had expected, but not without a little election drama, with discrepancies between the number of delegates registered and the number attempting to cast ballots. We eventually got it straightened out. I gave my address announcing my retirement, we did the usual housekeeping stuff, and adjourned. I met with the Standing Committee for a few minutes, then proceeded with Brenda to Fairview Heights, where we had lunch, did some apparel shopping, and saw a movie. Then up to Litchfield for the night, ahead of tomorrow's visitation to St Paul's, Carlinville.

Comments

  1. I stopped cold at the words "announcing my retirement" but then read the Synod Address. I want to let you know how much I have enjoyed your blog(s) over the years (I've been a fan since your days at St John the Evangelist - during the "troubles") and, though we disagree in some (important) areas, have always appreciated the thoughtfulness, intelligence and grace you have shown in your ministries and the hope that our church is (and will continue to be) broad enough to hold us. Wishing and praying for a truly joyful last few months as Diocesan. All the best, David Heusdens, Holy Cross Parish, Diocese of California.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)