Friday

  • Spent most of the morning creating a sermon draft for Easter VII from my developed notes. This is homily I will not preach at St Michael's, O'Fallon.
  • At 11:00, chaired the regular May meeting of the Diocesan Council, via Zoom. There were minor glitches, but it certainly could have been much worse, technologically. It was the largest Zoom meeting I've ever participated in, much less hosted. We did all the usual business (finances, mostly), discussed the draft reopening protocols that Canon Evans and I have been working on (as a result of which some modifications have been made), and I dropped a bit of a bomb by announcing the suspension of my plan to retire in thirteen months and rescinded my call for the election of my successor--all until such time as the work of discernment and election can be carried out in an environment not compromised by a public health emergency. 
  • The meeting adjourned at 12:15, after which there was a minor "flurry" of texts and emails.
  • My daughter-in-law drove me to the Mazda dealer where I left the YFNBmobile yesterday for both routine scheduled maintenance and the replacement of the right sideview mirror, a casualty of the size of urban garages. Stopped at McD's drive-through on the way back for a very late lunch.
  • Dealt with a handful of small administrative matters by email.
  • Read a chapter in the book I'm reviewing for The Living Church.
  • Spent a "holy hour" (well, not *quite* an hour, but trending thereto) in contemplative prayer in our domestic oratory.
  • Made the tweaks in the reopening document that were suggested by members of Council.
  • Evening Prayer with Brenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)