Pentecost

Up and out of my office encampment around 0700. Devotions and MP in the cathedral. Chicken biscuit from Hardee's, then south on I-55 and Illinois 140 to St Paul's, Alton, Celebrated and preached with a skeleton crew of six people in the (relatively large) church, but with many others watching via Facebook Live. Then, successive groups of eight parishioners were welcomed into the church, assuming marked distanced locations in the front of the nave. After a collect and an Our Father, I administered Holy Communion (one kind) to them. I am not normally given to tears, but this experience completely got to me. It's a good thing I was wearing a disposable face mask, because it got a little wet. I hadn't anticipated being so utterly moved, but after nearly three months ... well, it was overwhelming ... for me, certainly, and also for many who attended. We then enjoyed a distanced and masked (and coffee-less!) coffee hour in the garden on a beautiful morning. It was all pure gold, and pure gift of grace. Arrived back home a few minutes before 6:00, having gotten thoroughly absorbed by a new audio book.

Comments

  1. Well Done.. I admire the value you have provided through the web.. This will for sure going to be helpflul for all..If you are small firm lookking for the accounting and bookkeeping services , here are my services listed below:


    online bookkeeping services in Chicago
    best bookkeeping services in Chicago
    hire bookkeeping services in Chicago
    Accounting and bookkeeping services in Chicago


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)