- Reviewed the materials of two potential candidates for two of our open clergy positions. This was not a perfunctory effort, but good faith due diligence, including looking at social media profiles and parish websites. One I eventually determined would not be a good fit for the diocese. The other merited some real-time contact, so those arrangements are in the works.
- Made arrangements for one of our seminarians to potentially have a summer internship placement in one of our parishes.
- Did the finish work on my homily for this Sunday at Emmanuel, Champaign.
- Took the standard 75-minute walk with Brenda.
- Read and offered some detailed (and, I hope, constructive) feedback on a draft sermon text from the postulant in a priest-less parish who is doing most of the preaching there. He has the raw gift, so it's a joy to work with him in honing and developing it.