Friday (Ss Timothy & Titus)

  • If I get home from a trip right at bedtime, as I did last night, I still need a winding down period (usually in front of some non-mentally demanding TV) before I can actually go to bed. So I allowed myself a bit of extra time this morning to get up and going. In the office around 9:30.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral chapel.
  • Responded to one of our clergy over an administrative issue having to do with the effect of one of our new canons.
  • Reached out by phone to Mother Beth Maynard, rector of Emmanuel, Champaign, where they've had quite a week. She reports that the odor of smoke in the church and parish hall has been successfully ameliorated, and they are planning a full slate of activities for the weekend. #couldhavebeenmuchworse
  • Dealt with two more financial/administrative issues: one having to do with our companion diocese of Tabora, and the other having to do with getting some training for our diocesan exorcist, Fr Andy Hook.
  • Back to draining a small administrative swamp that has consumed a bit of my time each of the last three days. You can tell it's getting serious when I create a spreadsheet, because spreadsheets really aren't my thing.
  • Home for lunch: leftovers.
  • Kept a 1:15 physical therapy appointment. This young lady has, I think, done wonders for me in three visits.
  • Back at home for the afternoon: checked in online for a flight Brenda and I are boarding tomorrow morning.
  • Took care of a small task related to the upcoming clergy retreat.
  • Dealt with a request for a change in my visitation calendar.
  • Spent the rest of the day working on getting ready for a small "holiday" Brenda and I are taking together (in a warm climate) for the next week. So I'll be going dark in this venue until Saturday, February 3. See you on the other side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)