Tuesday

  • Managed to get a bit of an early start to the work day, so I got a leg up on editing and refining my homily for this Sunday (Christ the King, Normal) while waiting for breakfast to happen. Delayed printing it until in the office. (This is actually a sermon I prepared for use three years ago in Glen Carbon, but my visitation was snowed out that day, so all I had to do was pull it out of the freezer, let it thaw, and stick it in the microwave for a bit.)
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Printed the homily I had worked on at home.
  • Spent the rest of my morning working on getting some planned $$ transferred to Bishop Elias in Tabora. Tried the Western Union route again, and ran into the same roadblocks I met last week. Frustrating and time-consuming. Ended up walking to Illinois National Bank and doing it the old-fashioned way, with a bank-to-bank international wire transfer. But that is time-consuming as well. 
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers. Assisted Brenda in getting our dinner started (slow-cooked pork).
  • Took a sermon text for Lent V from a prior year and did the necessary surgery to make it useful for this cycle, at St Thomas', Glen Carbon.
  • Took a substantive phone call from one of our clerics.
  • Did a deep dive into planning the hymns and service music for the Chrism Mass. This included making an online purchase of some music for a Gospel Acclamation.
  • Did the fine prep on the roughed-out notes for my Lenten series presentation in Belleville later this week.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)