- Took some notes I made last week and turned them into a draft sermon text for an ordination that is scheduled for my first day back from vacation, September 14, which, for all practical purposes, is "next week."
- Made significant progress planning the details of the synod Mass, which will take place in the cathedral in the evening of October 2, not open to the public, but live-streamed.
- Substantive phone conversation with a staff member of another diocese regarding a priest who has expressed an interest in coming to Springfield.
- Substantive phone conversation with the senior warden of one of our Eucharistic Communities concerning an emerging pastoral issue.
- Substantive phone conversation with a representative of the Church Pension Group, which is, I suppose, the first practical step in the process of retiring.
- All the usual late-arriving emails and texts.